Going paperless is great, but sometimes you must print out a quick document. That’s where a printer comes in handy. But with all the different types of printers on the market, it can be hard to know which is suitable.
When choosing a printer, there are a few things you need to take into account. First, assess what you’ll be using the printer for, then think about your budget and what features you need. Lastly, consider the size of the printer and where you’ll be placing it.
Keep reading this buying guide to learn about these things in more detail and find the best printer for you.
What Is Your Purpose for Buying?
Before buying one, you must consider your printer’s purpose. Are you going to be printing documents or photos? Do you need to scan or copy documents as well?
If you only need to print documents, you can get away with a more basic printer. However, if you want to print photos, you’ll need a printer that has photo printing capabilities. Also, if you need to scan or copy documents, you’ll need a multifunction printer.
What Is Your Budget?
How much you can pay is another essential consideration when choosing a printer. Printers can range in price from around $50 to $500 or more.
If you only need a basic printer for printing documents, you can find a good-quality one for around $100. However, if you want a multifunction printer with photo printing capabilities, you’ll likely need to spend at least $200.
What Features Do You Need?
When choosing a printer, you’ll also need to decide which features are most important to you. Some of these features you might want to look for include:
- Wi-Fi connectivity: If you want to be able to print from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet, then you’ll need a wireless printer. Most modern printers are wireless, but there are still some that aren’t.
- Print Speed: This is the number of pages per minute (ppm) that the printer can print. If you only need a few pages to print at a time, you won’t need a printer with a high print speed. However, if you need to print large documents or photos, you’ll want a printer with a high print speed.
- Print Quality: You can measure print quality in dots per inch (dpi). The higher the dpi is, the more chances to get a better print quality. You can get rid of a lower dpi if you only need to print text documents. However, if you want to print photos, you’ll need a printer with a high dpi.
- Duplex Printing: This feature allows you to print on both sides of the paper. Duplex printing saves you time and money since you won’t have to manually flip the paper over to print on the other side.
- Scan and Copy Functions: If you need to scan or copy documents, you’ll need a multifunction printer. Most multifunction printers also have fax capabilities.
- Ease of Use: You’ll want to ensure that the printer is easy to set up and use. Some printers come with software that makes connecting to your computer or mobile device easier.
- Paper capacity: This is the maximum number of sheets of paper the printer can hold. You’ll want a more extensive paper-capacity printer if you print a lot.
- Inkjet or laser: Inkjet printers are typically more affordable but have higher running costs. Meanwhile, laser printers are more expensive but have lower running costs.
- Colour or black and white: A black and white printer will suffice if you only need to print documents. However, if you want to be able to print photos, you’ll need a colour printer.
What Is the Size of the Printer?
You should also consider the size before buying a printer. Sizes vary from compact to large, and you’ll need to ensure the printer will fit in your available space.
If you have a small space, you’ll need a compact printer. However, if you have a larger area, you can opt for a full-sized printer.
With the various options available on the market today, buying a new printer can seem like a daunting task. But by following this buyer’s guide above, narrowing down your choices becomes much more straightforward.
If you plan to get copiers for your office in Little Rock, you can opt to buy copiers or lease copiers in Little Rock We can give you the option to get the copier that you want. You can contact our local copier leasing services department in your location.
If your Location is around Little Rock, you may call us at (501) 251-6268, our personnel for copier leasing in Little Rock will assist you. If you are also looking for copier repair services in Little Rock, you may contact our copier repair personnel at the same number.
Now that you know more about choosing a printer, you’re ready to start shopping. Keep the factors above in mind, and you’ll be sure to find the best printer for your needs.